1. Consistency is the virtue of an ass.
2. Dissatisfaction is the mother of perfection.
3. Trifles amount to perfection, but perfection is no trifle.
4. It is impossible to fly like an angel with the wings of a pigeon.
5. Great minds have purposes, others have only wishes.
6. Competitors do things right, Leaders do the right things.
7. Skill is nil without will.
8. What happens does not matter, what we do with what happens, matters everything.
9. Character is what we are; reputation is what others think of us.
10. To conquer the difficulties, there is more power in a smile than in a sign.
11. Success is not a destination itís a journey.
12. Suspicion is no friend to virtue, but always an enemy to happiness.
13. An optimists laughs to forget, a pessimists forgets to laugh.
14. Only an intense personal hurt produces determined hatred.
15. The worst feature of worrying is that it destroys the ability to concentrate.
16. Sophistication is the ability to yawn without your mouth open.
17. Executive is a person who considers an idea good because he thought of it.
18. If you can dream it, you can do it.
19. Organization is a tune, it must be sung together.
20. You fail only when you give up.
21. The impossible is often untried.
22. Our priorities determine our progress.
23. Our attitude determines our altitude.
24. You are not fully dressed until you wear a smile.
25. Perfection is a goal, Excellence will be tolerated.
26. We canít spell the word Ď S_CCESS ` without ĎU`.
27. The desire for change is a sign of safety.
28. The greatest prayer is patience.
29. Speeches are like babies - easy to conceive but difficult to deliver.
30. The greatest artist was once a beginner.
31. What is lovely never dies, but passes into otherís loveliness.
32. Love cannot be bought or sought, it has to be given unasked.
33. The smallest actual food is better than the most magnificent promises of impossibilities.
34. It is better to be loved & lost, than not to be loved at all.
35. We live with reference to past experiences & not future events, how inevitable.
36. Since a politician never believes what he says, he is surprised when others believe him.
37. God gives us grace to accept with severity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which have to be changed & wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
38. If winter comes, can spring be far behind.
39. You cannot adopt politics as a profession & remain honest.
40. Politics is perhaps the only profession for which no preparation is though necessary.
41. Nobody holds a good opinion of a man who has a low opinion of himself.
42. Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failures.
43. A speech should be ended, not allowed to expire. The end should be a climax, not an anti-climax.
44. People ask for criticism, but they only want praise.
45. Ambition old as mankind, is the immemorial weakness of the strong.
46. Speak when you are angry & you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
47. Appearances are often deceiving.
48. Being over Ď70` is like being engaged in a war. All our friends are going or gone & we survive amongst the dead & as on a battlefield.
49. Common looking people are the best in the world; that is the reason God makes so many of them.
50. Youth is when you are allowed to stay up late on New Yearís eve. Middle age is when you are forced into it.
51. Fish for no compliments, they are generally caught in shallow waters.
52. A prejudice is vagrant opinion without visible means of support.
53. Nothing is as embarrassing as watching your boss; do something you assured him could not be done.
54. I speak truth not so much as I would but, as much I dare & dare a little more as I grow older.
55. The defect in equality is that we desire it with our superior.
56. What a blessing it would be if we could open & shut our ears as easily as we do our eyes.
57. One wonderful thing about vacation is that it makes you feel good enough to go back to work & poor enough that you have to.
58. Co-operation is doing with a smile what you have to do any-how.
59. Diplomacy is to do & say the nicest thing in the nicest way.
60. The Income Tax has more liars, out of American people of golferís have.
61. We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter.
62. Cynic is the man who knows the price of everything & value of nothing.
63. Things are only worth what you make them worth of.
64. If anyone thinks he has no responsibilities, it is because he has not sought them yet.
65. Life teaches you to use the word "impossible" with the greatest caution.
66. What we must decide is now we are valuable rather than how invaluable we are.
67. If we could sell our experiences for what they have cost us, we will all be millionaires.
68. Ideas are nobodyís property; they belong to those whoever express them the best.
69. It is an illusion to think more comfort means more happiness.
70. It is almost impossible to carry the torch of truth in a through without singing somebodyís beard.
71. A recipe for a good speech includes shortening.
72. Beware of the man who says everything is fine, of the man who says nothing is good, but even more aware of the man who is indifferent to whether all is good or bad.
73. Knowledge is a child of experience.
74. One canít mange too many affairs in the water, one pops up while you try to hold down the other.
75. We judge ourselves by what we feel we are capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have done.
76. Things not understood are admired.
77. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.
78. Affection is necessary to mind, as dress is to body.
79. Whatever begins in anger ends in shame.
80. Donít underestimate a child, or overestimate a grown-up.
81. Vision is the art of seeing things invisible.
82. Diplomacy is thinking twice before saying nothing.
83. It is better to aim for perfection & miss, rather than aim for imperfection & hit it.
84. Beware of your thoughts, they wreak into words anytime.
85. A great idea is always there what is missing is a great mind.
86. Classic is a book which people praise & donít read.
87. The only way to avoid mistakes is to gain experience. The best way to gain experience is to be prepared for mistakes.
88. Courage consist not in blindly & overlooking it, but seeing & facing it.
89. Health & cheerfulness mutually get each other.
90. A good traveller is one who does not know where he is going. A perfect traveller is the one who does not know from where he comes from.
91. What the hearts know today, the head will understand tomorrow.
92. Fortune is like card sharper. It lets you win several times. Just to draw you in.
93. A cage is as a cage even if its bars are of gold.
94. A dog is a dog except when he is facing you. Then he is Mr. Dog.
95. When the elephants fight, itís the grass that suffers.
96. A pessimist is the person who complains about the noise if opportunity knocks.
97. Come good times or bad, there is always a market of things nobody needs.
98. Give me benefit of your convictions if you have any but keep your doubts to yourself for I have enough of my own.
99. The more candles your Birthday cake has, the less breath you have to blow them out.
100. Our experience is composed rather of illusions lost that of the wisdom acquired.
101. Try to be like a turtle at ease in your own shell.
102. The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
103. Cinema has no boundary, it is a ribbon of dreams.
104. Flattery is fine if you donít inhale it.
105. Marriage is like a pair of shoes, you need comfort more than style.
106. If you wish to gain success, do not stare at the stairs, step on the stairs.
107. Cheerfulness is the principal ingredient in the composition of health.
108. Three are two things to aim in life, first to get what you want & after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest man can enjoy success.
109. It is not the condition we face, it is the spirit with which we face, that determines our success or failure.
110. Learning without thinking is useless, the man without learning is dangerous.
111. Instruction ends in the schoolroom, but education ends only with life.
112. That man is the richest where pleasures are cheaper.
113. Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties.
114. The starting point all achievements is faith in self.
115. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to tasks.
116. It is easy to find faults with others but not so easy to find oneís own fault.
117. A loyal enemy is something like a friend.
118. Politeness is better than logic, you can often persuade, when cannot convince.
119. To maintain a fault is to commit a double fault.
120. One shouldnít judge a book by its cover.
121. True innocence is as named of nothing.
122. To be trusted is greater than to be loved.
123. In character, in style, in manners & in all things the supreme excellence is simplicity.
124. Anything is valuable, praise for example.
125. Life is like an Ice cream enjoy it before it melts.
126. Poetry is like a perfume, which on evaporation leaves our soul in need of beauty.
127. What you think of yourself is more important than what others think of you.
128. Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is a progress, working together is a success.
129. Gossip soon dies when it is given nothing to feed upon.
130. The secret of obtaining loyalty from another is in being able to first give your trust.
131. Every fact that is learned becomes a key to another fact.
132. Life teaches us how to hide our trueselves.
133. When you get close to people, you give them the opportunity to hurt you.
134. Life is like a bicycle, you don't fall unless you stop peddling.
135. All parents are alike, First they teach the child to speak & walk. Once the child learns, he is asked to keep quiet & sit down.
136. That is a good book which is opened with expectations & closed with conclusions.
137. Considering the happiness of another before your own is true mark of devotion.
138. Even if you know three or four thousand people, you always end up talking about the same six or seven.
139. I never found a companion as compassionate as a solitude.
140. Some books are to be tasted others to be swallowed & some few to be chewed & digested.
141. Reading makes a full man, & writing a complete man.
142. A flame is cruel if you get too close to it, but it can keep out the cold if you donít try to be a part of it.
143. Beware of a man who does not return your blow, he neither forgives you nor allows you to forgive yourself.
144. Too much sensibility creates unhappiness, for too much insensibility leads to crime.
145. We have the tendency to fall a tree when we need a tooth pic.
146. Success covers a multitude of blunders.
147. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
148. There is a vast difference between putting your nose in other peoples business & putting off other people's problems.
149. The trouble with illusion is that you realize you have them till they are shattered.
150. Those who donít understand the problems of others have no right to expect sympathy when they themselves are in trouble.
151. Let the other fellow find it out who you are. He will remember it longer.
152. Compromise is simply changing the questions into one total answer.
153. ĎADVICE` is what we ask for when we know the answer but wish we didn'tÖ
154. He who afraid to ask, is ashamed of living.
155. Forgiveness is best revenge.
156. We always like those who admire us but we donít like whom we admire.
157. The world wisely prefers happiness to wisdom.
158. The man who goes alone can start today, but he who travels with another must wait until the other is ready.
159. Decision is the sharp knife that cuts straight & clear. Indecision is a dull one that hacks & tears & ragged edges behind.
160. The trouble with experience is that it usually teaches you something you didnít really want to know.
161. He who is slowest in making a promise is most faithful in its performance.
162. The best thing of future is that it comes only one day of a time.
163. A king is honored only within his own boundaries, but a scholar is respected everywhere.
164. In any contest between power & patience, bet on patience.
165. Wherever words fail, eyes speak.
166. There are two things that experience must teach. The first is that one must correct a lot, the second is that one must not correct too much.
167. The man who offers an insult writes it in sand, but for the man who receives it , itís chiseled in bronze.
168. The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
169. People who tell you never to let little things bother you, havenít tried sleeping in a room with a mosquito.
170. Behind a big disaster are manís small mistakes.
171. Anybody with money to burn will easily find someone to lend the fire.
172. Think all of you speak, but speak not all you think.
173. Where one word will do, donít use two words.
174. When money speaks, truth is silent.
175. Tears and smiles make the music of life.
176. Kindness is the language, which deaf can hear & blind can see.
177. A man without patience, is an oil field without oil.
178. A blow with a word strikes deeper than a blow with a sword.
179. Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.
180. Man is most interdependent than independent.
181. No man is born without faults, he is the best who has the fewest.
182. No one can keep you away from succeeding except yourself.
183. It is better to have an open enemy than a doubtful ally.
184. Difficulties are like waves, they cannot hurt you, if you face them & as they came nearer you will find yourself lifted up to mute.
185. Three things are most difficult: To keep a secret, To forget an insult, To make good use of leisure.
186. There nothing more annoying than arguing with a person who knows what he is talking about.
187. The smallest deed is better than the greatest intention.
188. When we are well, we have good advice for those who are ill.
189. People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do.
190. What is normally wrong cannot be politically right.
191. All words are keys to hang ideas on.
192. Opportunities are never lost, the other fellow takes those you miss.
193. Never think of future. It comes soon enough.
194. Marriage is the most unorganized union for both sides feel they are the management.
195. We hate some persons because we donít know them, & we will not know some persons because we hate them.
196. A habit cannot be tossed out of the window, it must be waxed down the stairs, a step a time.
197. The person who knows ďhowĒ will always have a job. But the person who knows ďwhyĒ will be his boss.
198. Both optimists & pessimists contribute to society, The optimists invents the aeroplane, the pessimists the parachute.
199. Knowledge makes all of us leader, but it can also help us to decide which leader to follow.
200. Rumours are the waves made by suppressed information.
© 1998-2000 Punit