2. A man without patience is a lamp without light.
3. You cannot accomplish by kindness what you can do by force.
4. There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
5. Life is search after power.
6. Wisdom denotes the pursuing of the best ends by the best means.
7. Self-interest speaks all sorts of tongues & plays all sorts of roles, even that of disinterestedness.
8. If you think you have someone eating out of your hand, itís a good idea to count your fingers.
9. The way to get things done is not to mind who gets the credit of doing them.
10. A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
11. Education is what survives when what has been learnt has been forgotten.
12. When you are between any sort of devil and the deep blue sea, the deep blue sea sometimes looks very inviting.
13. Wise men do the difficult immediately & the impossible takes a little longer.
14. The ultimate value of man is to be measured not by what he says, nor even by what he does but what he becomes.
15. Achievement is largely the product of steadily raising one's levels of aspiration and expectation.
16. Control your destiny or someone else will.
17. Face reality as it is, not as it was or you wish it were.
18. Change before you have to, if you don't have a competitive edge, do not compete.
19. One of the hardest things is to reach a threshold of self-confidence, where being simple is comfortable.
20. Paradox is a way of life. You must function collectively as one company and individually as many businesses at the same time.
21. For us, leadership means leading while being led, producing more output with less input.
22. If you are not riding the wave of change... you'll find yourself beneath it.
23. Nothing beats Reliability - In products or in people.
24. Destiny is not a matter of chance, It is a matter of choice, It is not a thing to be waited for, It is a thing to be achieved.
25. We learn more by listening than we do by talking.
26. Opportunity is no accident. It must be attracted. Seek it with confident, cheerful expectation, and it will find you even on a crowded street.
27. Remain always even minded and cheerful. To rise and fall with the waves of emotion is to sacrifice Mental Clarity for confusion."
28. The future Corporate Executive is someone who can change the tyre while the car is still rolling. This type of executive is typically a win-alcoholic."
29. Support others in their worthwhile goals, and let them feel your support. Don't merely wave at them in abstract blessing.
30. Flow with life's changes. Don't get trapped in an abandoned time frame. Greet every new experience with a fresh, creative outlook.
31. Do things, not for applause, but for the far more satisfying approval of your conscience.
32. 'Excellence' is never an accident.
33. Correct others by your own example, and never by nagging criticism. If you make suggestions, keep them positive. Negativity invites only more negativity.
34. Be good humoured about the shortcomings of others, and you'll find it easier to face your own shortcomings. Remember your faults are as overwhelming or as insignificant as your own imagination makes them.
35. Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than any one else expects of you. Never excuse yourself.
36. The world mirrors back to you either your wisdom or your folly. If you see anything in others that displeases you, ask yourself, " How can I change myself?
37. Be more concerned with understanding others than with being understood by them, and you will find you will always have their support.
38. True wealth is what you are, not what you have.
39. Welcome obstacles; see each one as a golden opportunity. If nothing else, they'll challenge you to summon up the energy in yourself to win through victory.
40. A Winning manager sees two or three doors open for every closed door that he encounters.
41. Watch the birds fly.
42. Anybody can become angry that is easy, But to be angry with right person, to the right degree, at the right time, at the right purpose & in right way that's not easy.
43. The best thing to give an enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to your child, a good example; to your father, difference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all persons, love.
44. It is not what you eat, but what you digest that makes you healthy; It is not what you earn, but what you save that makes you rich; It is not what you learn, but what you remember, that makes you ready for success.
45. Tears though hot; can cool & console the heart like two dewdrops prettily sitting on a lovely leaflet. Delicate messengers of heart, the bearers of sorrow; so some say when they see them, softly they wipe them. And once more, the vision bears; and yet who will understand the agony of my unshed tears.
46. Tomorrow is far, donít worry
47. The heart is the field. Self-discipline is the fencing. Exclusion of worldliness is the welding. Ardent application is the tilling. Holy thought is the seed Fervor is the crop. Divine ecstasy is the harvest.
48. Watch your thoughts, these
49. A man is known by the company he keeps.
50. Don't look in the past, there is no future in it.
51. The difference between Ordinary & Extra-ordinary is that little Extra.
52. Some people are wise, some are otherwise.
53. The only thing that can't be recycled is wasted time.
54. Dream what you dare to dream, go where you want to go, Be what you want to be.
55. Itís not so where you stand in life, but in what direction you are moving.
56. One of the greatest pleasures of life is doing things that others say you cannot do.
57. You could do great things if you werenít so busy doing little things.
58. An expert is the one who knows more & more about less & less.
59. Failure isnít when you fall down, itís only when you donít get up again.
60. People remember what you achieve, not what you promised to achieve.
61. Action makes more fortunes than caution.
62. You canít enjoy being idle unless you have plenty of work to do.
63. Advice tells you much about the person giving it.
64. A leader is a dealer in hope.
65. Itís your attitude, not your aptitude that determines your altitude.
66. People like pins are useless if they lose their heads.
67. Look backwards with gratitude, upwards with confidence & forwards with hope.
68. A budget helps you plan where your money is to be spent, instead of wondering where it went.
69. A budget is a way of worrying before you spend instead of afterwards.
70. Accept the things you canít Change, the courage to change the things you can, & the wisdom to know the difference.
71. Be kind & courteous to people on your way up because you might meet them on your way down.
72. Criticism like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a personís growth.
73. The world is moving so fast these days that people who say, ďIt canít be doneĒ are usually interrupted by somebody doing it.
74. All our science, measured against reality, is primitive and child like - and yet it is the most precious thing we have.
75. It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
76. There are demon-haunted worlds, regions of utter darkness.
77. Those who have nothing to do with thorns, should not gather roses.
78. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
79. True memories seemed like phantoms, while false memories were so convincing that they replaced reality.
80. The wind makes dust because it intends to blow, taking away our footprints.
81. We also know how cruel the truth often is, and we wonder whether delusion is not more consoling.
82. Memories are man's greatest inheritance.
83. Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
84. Truth is eternal, knowledge is changeable. It is disastrous to confuse them.
85. Most people cannot experience happiness, they ought to be unhappy to understand it.
86. No day in which you learn something is a complete loss.
87. There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope.
88. Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's light shining somewhere nearby.
89. Sometimes you have to put your foot down to get a leg up.
90. The rate at which a person can mature is proportional to the embarrassment he can tolerate.
91. Never miss a chance to keep your mouth shut.
92. Human instincts are hard-wired programming.
93. True power is knowing that you can, but you don't.
94. A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are the portals of discovery.
95. Our EGO is our silent partner - too often with a controlling interest.
96. History must repeat itself because we pay little attention to it the first time.
97. Honesty is something you can't wear out.
98. Every man is a fool for atleast five minutes every day; wisdom consists of not exceeding it.
99. The people who make a difference are not the ones with the credentials, but the ones with the concern.
100. Ideas are like wandering sons. They show up when you are least expecting them.
101. We act though comfort & luxury were the chief requirements in life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
102. Everyone is an explorer. How could you possible live your life looking at the door & not open it?
103. It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone.
104. He who struggles is better than he who never attempts.
105. Big doesn't necessarily mean better. Sunflower aren't better than violets.
106. Marriage is somewhat like undertaking a Lego project without instructions.
107. Man is a creature of hope & invention, both of which belie the idea that things cannot be changed.
108. The nice thing about egotists is that they don't talk about other people.
109. A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
110. Memory is a complicated thing, a relative to truth, but not it's twin.
111. Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.
112. Often the best way to win is to forget to keep the score.
113. When you teach your son, you teach your son's son.
114. Man only likes to count his troubles, but he does not count his joys.
115. Foolproof systems don't take the indignity of fools into consideration.
116. It's more fun to arrive at a conclusion than to justify it.
117. Sometimes something worth doing is worth over-doing.
118. The trouble of talking too fast is you may say something you haven't thought of yet.
119. A true measure of your worth includes all the benefits others have gained from your success.
120. One of the greatest victories you can gain over someone is to beat him at politeness.
121. We can learn much from wise words, little from wisecracks & less from wise guys.
122. Ninety percent of politics is deciding whom to blame.
123. Thye attempt to silence a main is the greatest honour you cab bestow on him. It means that you recognize his superiority over yourself.
124. Money & success don't change people, they only amplify what is already there.
125. The important outcome of education is to help students become independent of formal education.
126. Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.
127. Some people pay a compliment as if they expected a receipt.
128. Character consists of what you do on the third & fourth tries.
129. While an original is always hard to fine, he is easy to recognize.
130. The difference between a helping hand & an outstretched palm is a twist of the wrist.
131. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.
132. If a window of oppurtunity appears, don't pull down the shade.
133. The greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attention.
134. What is a vision? It is a compelling image of an achievable future.
135. There is too much said for the sake of an argument & too little said for the sake of an agreement.
136. An optimists thinks this is the best of all worlds. A pessimist fears the same may be true.
137. Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.
138. When one finds himself in a hole of own making, it is a good time to examine the quality of workmanship.
139. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom.
140. Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
141. You can't depend your judgement when your imagination is out of focus.
142. An intellectual is a man wh takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows.
143. The future has a way of arriving unannounced.Man is harder than iron, stronger than a stone & more fragile than a rose.
144. Well-timed silence is the most commanding expression.
145. Education is the vaccine for violence.
146. The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
147. If you never budge, don't expect a push.
148. Keep high aspirations, moderate expectations & small needs.
149. The nice part about being a pessimists is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.
150. Souvenirs are perishable, fortunately memories are not.
151. To handle yourself use your head... to handle others use your heart!
152. Anger is only one letter short of danger!
153. If someone betrays you once, it is his fault... if he betrays you twice, it is your fault!
154. Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
155. God gives every bird its food... But he does not throw it in the nest.
156. He who loses money, loses much... He who loses a friend, loses more... He who loses faith loses all!!
157. Beautiful young people are acts of nature... but beautiful old people are works of art.
158. Learn from the mistakes of others... you can't live long enough to make them all yourself!
159. The tongue weighs practically nothing... but so few people can hold it!
160. You can give a pig wings, but that doesn't make him an eagle.
161. Every man dies, but not every man lives.
162. Sometimes you have to be blind to see things.
163. That which that fountain spits forth, returns to the fountain.
164. Failure is delay but not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead-end street.
165. This is courage-- to bear unflinchingly what life sends.
166. I bend but I do not break.
167. The uglier the truth, the truer the friend.
168. Keep your friends and family close, but keep your enemies closer.
169. How do you know the fruit is ripe? When it leaves the bunch.
170. Who you are-- it's not about where you come from, it's about where you're heading.
171. Some people will believe anything-- if you whisper it.
172. Opportunity is not a lengthy visitor.
173. He who dwells on the past has no future.
174. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.
175. Time is the longest distance between two people.
176. Sometimes the best place to hide is out in the open.
177. Make the money, don't let it make you.
178. Force wins the battle. Patience wins the war.
179. Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.
180. The greatest pain in life is not to die, but to be ignored.
181. When all else fails, do it yourself.
182. When two elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers.
183. Don't dream it-- BE it!
184. There are 40 million reasons for not doing anything, but not one good excuse.
185. Experience changes judgment.
186. An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer.
187. Find a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life.
188. Knowledge has never been known to enter the head via an open mouth.
189. Often the best way to win is to forget to keep score.
190. Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get out.
191. When the mouth stumbles, it is worse than the foot.
192. Well-timed silence is the most commanding expression.
193. Where everything is bad it must be good to know the worst.
194. Pay attention to your enemies, for they are the first to discover your mistakes.
195. Quite often we change jobs, friends, and spouses instead of ourselves.
196. Patience is the ability to let your light shine after your fuse hasblown.
197. You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
198. Whenever things sound easy,
it turns out there's one part you didn't hear. If you risk nothing, then
199. It is better to be approximately right than precisely wrong.
200. It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you.
© 1998-2000 Punit