1. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark & Professionals built the Titanic.
2. Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.
3. Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
4.Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
5. Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.
6. There is always death and taxes; however death doesn't get worse every year.
7. People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them that Benjamin Franklin said it first.
8. It's easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
9. Indecision is the key to flexibility.
10. In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.
11. I plan on living forever. So far, so good.
12. I am in shape. Even round is a shape.
13. I am not a perfectionist. My parents were though.
14. It's frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.
15.The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
16. Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.
17. You don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stopped laughing.
& the world laughs with you, Weep and you will weep you self,
19. Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back! Don't expect love in return, just wait for it to grow in their hearts. But if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours.
20. The best way to predict the future is to create it.
21. More than kisses, letters mingle souls.
22. Every great mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be recalled and perhaps remedied.
23. Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment.
24. It is better to be deceived by one's friends than to deceive them.
25. Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.
26. There is no worse sorrow than remembering happiness in the day of sorrow.
27. Confidence, like the soul, never returns, when once it has departed.
28. A fool often fails because he thinks what is difficult is easy and a wise man because he thinks what is easy is difficult.
29.- A gentle heart is tied with an easy thread.
30. Genius, like humanity, rusts for want of use.
31. He will never have true friends who is afraid of making enemies.
32. Nothing is so dangerous as an ignorant friend; better have a wise enemy.
33. Silence is true wisdom's best reply.
34. Harmony makes small things grow, lack of it makes great things decay.
35. Call no man happy till you may see what the end may be.
36. A frail gift is beauty, which grows less as time draws on.
37. Good words cool more than cold water.
38. Many are the names applied to friendship, but where youth and beauty enter in, there friendship is rightly called LOVE and is held to be the fairest of all gods.
39. Restlessness and discourage are the first necessities of progress.
40 . The scars of others should teach us caution.
41. Well kept silence is the best commanding expression.
42. A still tongue makes a wise head.
43. Losing your temper won't rid you of it.
44. He who groans loudest is often the least hurt.
45. Lean freedom is better than fat slavery.
46. Don't just choose to be among, for the heck of being different.
47. Marrying for money is the hardest way of getting it
48.You can get by on charm for 15 minutes. After that you better know something.
49. At least once in his life a man makes a fool of himself over a woman.
50. Spend money to make character, but don't spend character to make money.
51. Even the fool knows that you can't touch the rainbows but that does not stop the wise from trying.
52. Its frustrating not to see well, but then I'm just thankful I can see at all...
53. People owe something to the world for being given opportunity to live in it.
54. Rejection kills, Disappointment maims.
55. Sometimes to get more out of life, you have to make more of yourself.
56. The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who were there first.
57. When a man is wrapped up in himself, he makes a very small package.
58. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
59. Some birds are not meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright.
60. Its not about getting into the dance, Its about dancing when you get there.
61. Mind is like a parachute - it's gonna work only when it's open.
62. There can be a lot done if you are not so particular about who gets credit for it.
63. Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
64. Staying open to possibilities is so much more important than planning every move or watching every dime.
65. Make the most with what you have and you'll be surprised with what you get.
66. In today already walks tomorrow
67. Fun is doing what you like, smart is in making it pay off.
68. There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness.
69. He who insults invites injury.
70. You can't discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
71. Attitude is a little thing that can make a big difference.
72. Some people dream of worthy accomplishments, while others stay awake and do them.
73. In the end the only people who fail are those who do not try.
74. No quality is essential to success as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature.
75. If a trail leads one way, it doesn't mean you can't cut your own path.
76. Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.
77. Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up or not.
78. A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.
79. We cannot forever hide the truth about ourselves, from ourselves.
80. Procrastination is like a credit card: it's a lot of fun until you get the bill.
81. It is better to be thought of as a fool, rather than open your mouth to remove all doubt.
82. Vision is the art of seeing the invisible.
83. Having someone who understands is a great blessing for ourselves. Being someone who understands is a great blessing to others.
83. Scatter seeds of kindness everywhere you go; Scatter bits of courtesy - watch them grow and grow. You will find more happiness than you have ever known.
84. The better you know someone, the less there is to say. Or maybe, there's less that needs to be said.
85. Every person is a new door to a different world.
86. Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways an yours.
87. If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
88. I will speak ill of no man, and speak all the good I know of everybody.
89. Advice is like snow; the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind.
90. What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. They are but trifles, to be sure but, scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.
91. No soul is desolate as long as there is a human being for whom it can feel trust and reverence.
92. One can never speak enough of the virtues, the dangers, the power of shared laughter.
93. Little do men percieve what solitue is, and how far it extendeth. For a crowd is not company, and faces are but a gallery of pictures, and talk but a tinkling cymbal, where there is no love.
94. The biggest bore is the person who is bored by everybody & everything.
95. Some people didnít play major role even in the own lives.
96. The difference between news & gossip is whether you raise your voice or lower it.
97. The silk worm dies of its wealth.
98. The web of our life is of mingled a gain, good or evil together.
99. No law or ordinance is greater than understanding.
100. Confession of errors is like the broom that sweeps away the dirt & leaves the surface cleaner than before.
101. He who controls the mind is the conqueror of universe.
102. There is nothing like walking to get the feel of a country. Active landscape is like a piece of music. It must be taken at the right tempo. Even a bicycle goes too fast.
103. When you see a good man, think of emulating him, when you see a bad man, examine your heart.
104. Loneliness & feeling of being uncared for & unwanted are the greatest poverty.
105. Success isnít a result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire.
106. Enemity of learned is better than friendship of fools.
107. Knowledge finds the path; wisdom lights it.
108. A wise man makes more opportunities than he finds.
109. A young man is a theory; an old man is a fact.
110. Anybody can write history; only great man can make it.
111. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
112. When nobody knows what has to be done; everyone says something has to be done.
113. Years wrinkle the face, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.
114. We are masters of our unsaid words but the slaves of those we let slip out.
115. You do foolish things but, do them with enthusiasm.
116. Temper is a valuable thing, do not lose it.
117. You are permitted in time of great danger to walk with the devil, until you have crossed the bridge.
118. Life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved.
119. Success & money canít be a compensation for personal happiness.
120. To joke is the only way to leave with tragedy.
121. Quarrel does not last long if fault was on one side.
122. Experience is the best of schoolmasters, only the school fees are heavy.
123. The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
124. The mind is a restless bird, the more it gets, the more it wants & still remains unsatisfied.
125. People generally quarrel because they canít argue.
126. It is not a fatherís anger but silence is that a sonís dread.
127. An original writer is not the one who imitates nobody but the one whom nobody can imitate.
128. What makes man happy is loving to do what they have to do.
129. There is no treasure equal to contentment & no virtue equal to fortitude.
130. Where all think alike, but no one thinks much.
131. One must have great sense humor to avoid falling into a mood of bitterness.
132. A proverb is a short sentence based on a long experience.
133. Imagination is useful only as long as it remains practical.
134. Much wisdom often goes with the fewest words.
135. How others see you is important & how you see yourself is more so.
136. Compromise makes a good umbrella but a bad roof.
137. Nothing in men is more serious than his sense of humor, it is a sign that he wants all the truth.
138. In youth; the days are shorter & the years are long; in old age the years are short & the days are long.
139. What appears to be the end may be the beginning.
140. The advantage of speaking truth is that we donít have to remember what we said & to whom we said.
141. Itís never late to give up your prejudice.
142. Homeliness is better than disagreeable company.
143. Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to.
144. Grey hair is a sign of age but not wisdom.
145. Happiness is one thing to one person & another thing to another person.
146. Temper is what gets most of us into trouble. Pride is what keeps us there.
147. Silence is a true friend that never betrays.
148. Life is like riding a bicycle. You donít fall unless you stop pedaling.
149. If you are feeling low, donít despair. The sun has a sinking spell every night; but it comes back up every morning.
150. An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; a pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.
151. Keep your face to the sunshine; you cannot see the shadow.
152. People do not lack strength; they lack will.
153. There is no pleasure without tincture bitterness.
154. Never do today what you can do as well tomorrow.
155 Comparison is the expedient of those who cannot reach the heart of the things compared.
156 The sweetness of all sounds is praise.
157. Defining your purpose is the starting point of all your achievements.
158. Qualifications are easy to carry around - for the rest of your life.
159. Judge a person by their questions rather than by their answers.
160. Donít be frightened to ask questions. They are easy to handle than mistakes.
161. Always keep seven honest men: who, how, when, what, why, where, & how much?
162. The mad man is not the one who has lost his senses, but the one who has lost everything except senses.
163. A wise man cares not for what he cannot have.
164. Sleep is the best cure for walking troubles.
165. A smile is the shortest distance between two people.
166. There can be no rainbow without clouds & storm.
167. Believe in yourself & what others will say wonít matter.
168. Man is made by his belief. As he believes; so is he.
169. We admire the man who knows, but we hail the man who knows he knows.
170. The person who knows everything has a lot to learn.
171. Conscience doesnít keep you from doing anything wrongí it just keeps you away from enjoying it.
172. We like to know the weakness of eminent persons, it consoles us for our inferiority.
173. There is danger in reckless change, but greater danger in blind conversation.
174. Contempt is subtlest form of revenge.
175. One man with courage makes a majority.
176. An excess of courtesy is discourtesy.
177. Each loss has its compensation. There is healing for every pair. But the bind with a broken opinion never soars so high again.
178. Reading is to mind what exercise is to body.
179. The mind grows by the books it feeds on.
180. The greatest risk you can take in life is to risk nothing.
181. Rules & regulations are for the guidelines of the wise people & the blind obedience of fools.
182. The supply of capable, cheerful, efficient people never meets the demand.
183. Sell benefits, not products.
184. Be courteous to all; but intimate only a few & let those be well tried before you give them your confidence.
185. Confidence is just that quiet assured felling you have before falling flat on your face.
186. Conversation enriches the understanding; but solitude is the school of genius.
187. Often the test of courage is not to die but to live.
188. Cowards die many times before their deathís, the valiant taste death only once.
189. What a day may bring, a day may take away.
190. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time.
191. Education makes people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern, but impossible to ensure.
192. Evil often triumphs, but never conquers.
193. Itís not the eating nor the drinking to be blamed, itís only the excess.
194. Time lost is retrievable. Time wasted is eternal.
195. An apology when appropriate is golden.
196. Asking stupid questions is your right - just donít abuse the privilege.
197. Itís better to keep your mouth shut at the risk of people thinking you are dumb, than to open it & remove all doubt.
198. Life, love & friendship are greatest assets.
199. You are the CEO of your own life.
200. Riches tend to enlarge rather satisfy appetites.
© 1998-2000 Punit