1. Do a P & L forecast for your life & then for your business.
2. When possible, grow with equity & not debt.
3. Be kind to people on the way up - you will most certainly meet them again.
4. Tell the boss you’d like his job someday, but only if you mean it.
5. Go through your Rolodex atleast once a month to update & discard.
only “win-win” deals.
15. After asking a question, listen to the answer.
16. Try not to become a person of success, but rather a person of value.
17. See situations as they are, not as you wish them to be - & act on them.
18. If you begin with too many things, you will finish with a few.
19. The race is won by running.
20. If you can fool all of the people some of the time, quit while you are ahead.
21. Mistakes increase experience. Experience decreases mistakes.
22. You will win the race only by running.
23. Genius is ninety percent perspiration & ten percent inspiration.
24. A job worth doing is worth doing well.
good memo is written either to protect its author or aid others in their
tasks. A great memo does both.
28. Labels are often fables.
29. The only failure is no longer trying.
30. Good advice is priceless. If not followed it’s worthless.
31. Don’t try to tell everything you know. It may take too short a time.
32. When you get over-busy, make a appointment with yourself.
33. Don’t copy something you can imitate.
34. To really know someone’s character, give that person authority.
35. Responsibility is the greatest incentive.
ask for perks or prestige when what you really want is a raise.
38. Rest, but never quit when you are behind.
39. Remember races are won in the last few inches.
40. Experts shouldn’t think - they should know.
an expert as the one who knows more & more about less & less.
43. If facts conflict with theory, change either the theory or the facts.
44. The years teach much, which the days never know.
45. When all is said & done, as a rule more is said than done.
46. Always aim for the moon & if you miss it don’t worry - you will fall among the stars.
47. A budget tells you where your money went instead of wondering where it went.
48. A calendar is a reminder of how late we are of our achievements.
49. The best way to kill an idea is to take it to a meeting.
50. Knowledge is reimbursing that fire will burn - wisdom is reimbursing the blisters it will cost.
51. Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly.
52. An error becomes a mistake only when you refuse to correct it.
53. It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
54. The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.
55. Most people are expecting a miracle rather than being one.
56. Unlike fine wine, bottled-up emotions don’t get better with time.
57. An amateur asked an expert for an advice, “What should I do to make a million dollar at Wall Street”. The Expert advised, “Come with two million dollars”.
58. Education is what happens to the other person & not what comes out of the educator.
59. One is always ready to learn but not always like being taught.
60. A good heart is better than all the heads in the world.
61. A wise system of education will atleast teach us how little man knows, yet knows, how much he has still to learn.
62. Spirituality is that place in us where the utterly intimate & the vastly infinite meet.
63. As long as you believe in yourself, others will.
64. You have to be more than good, you’ve got be better.
65. Wise people are not always silent, but they always know when to be.
66. The greatest fault, I should say, is to be conscious of none.
67. If a mistaken marriage can be purgatory, mistaken celibacy is hell.
68. Every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession a duty.
69. Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid of only standing still.
70. Have courage for the big sorrows of life, patience for the small ones.
71. One is indebted to his father for living, but to his teacher for living well.
72. Teachers are literally the arbiters of a nation’s destiny.
73. A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
74. The best things in life are free. It’s the worst things that are so expensive.
75. The mob has many heads but no brains.
76. He that proclaims of his own knowledge proclaims his ignorance.
77. Nothing is ours except time.
78. Riches serve a wise man, but command a fool.
79. God gives the shoulder according to the burden.
80. Patriotism is the passion of fools and the most foolish of passions.
81. No battle is sorely than the one not fought.
82. Patience is a bitter plant but has a sweet fruit.
83. Tact is the art to make a person see the lightning without letting him feel the bolt.
84. Zeal is fit for only the wise man but is found mostly in fools.
85. You can’t go very far if you don’t begin very near.
86. A thinking person is humble enough to acknowledge the wisdom of others.
87. A thinking person learns from others mistakes without rejoicing in their failures.
88. A thinking person considers the personalities and feeling of others in searching for solutions.
89. A thinking person realizes that the right way & the expedient way are not always the same.
90. One who is ruled by emotions often stumbles before the goal.
91. There is nothing in the world I wouldn’t do for HOPE, there is nothing he wouldn’t do for me… We both end up nothing for each other.
92. Sir, I look upon everybody to be lost, where I don’t make a new acquaintance.
93. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
94. Be yourself. No one can tell you are doing it wrong.
95. There are no hopeless situations; there are only people who have grown hopeless about them
96. Every time you close the door on reality it comes in through the window.
97. The trouble with illusions is that you don't realise you have them till they are shattered
98. To ERR is human, to admit it, superhuman.
99. What really flatters a man is that you think him worth flattering.
100. A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world.
101. Yes, risk taking is inherently failure-prone. Otherwise, it would be called sure thinking.
102. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom.
103. Admit your errors before someone exaggerates them.
104. It is more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help.
105. We experience moments absolutely free from worry. These brief respites are called panic.
106. Never itch for anything you aren't willing to scratch for.
107. You don't need to take a person's advice to make him feel good-Just ask for it.
108. If you can't make a mistake , you can't make anything.
109. The greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attention.
110. A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn't feel like it.
111 Being defeated is often temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
112. The time to relax is when you don't have time for it.
113. The day will happen whether or not you want to get up.
114. Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
115. Do you have trouble making up your mind? Well, yes or no?
116. Home is where the television is.
117. The evening news is where they begin with 'Good evening', and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
118. Before borrowing money from a friend, decide which you need more.
119. Death is hereditary.
120. There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.
121. Many things can be preserved in alcohol. Dignity is not one of them.
122. Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
123. When you're right, no one remembers. When you're wrong, no one forgets.
124. Cheer up, the worst is yet to come.
125. Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
126. Well done is better than well said.
127. Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make them when nobody is looking.
128. It's okay to miss your first wife as long as your aim is improving
1289. If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
130. Pessimist: A person that looks both ways when crossing a one way street.
131. The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of an oncoming train.
132. Where there's a will there are five hundred relatives.
133. I have a drinking problem - I can't afford it
134. Need is the mother of all inventions & discoveries.
135. Life is brittle, handle it with care.
136. Those who differ by upon reason may come together by reason.
137. Confession of error is like a broom hat sweeps away the dirt.
138. Prayer is an unfailing means of cleansing the heart of passions.
139. If you really want the last word in an argument, try saying, "I guess you are right”.
140. Never argue with a person on a dinner table for the one who is not hungry; it gets the best of the argument.
141. Better to trust the man who is frequently in error, than to one who is never in doubt.
142. Every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty.
143. Do your best and then do better.
144. The only failure is in no longer trying.
145. Any activity becomes creative when you try to do it better.
146. A calendar is simply a reminder that our days are numbered.
147. Focus on continuous improvement rather than static perfection
148. One shouldn't speak unless one can improve upon the silence.
149. Do not resist growing old, many are denied the privilege.
150.Resolve not to be poor: whatever you have, spend less.
151. When you loose, don't loose the lesson.
152. The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage.
165. Be ruled by time, the wisest counselor
185. Some People weave burlap into the fabric of our lives, and some weave gold thread. Both contribute to make the whole picture beautiful and unique.
186. Luck is what happens when preparations meet oppurtunity.
187. Death is God's way of telling you not to be such a wise guy.
188. Much of the vitality in a friendship lies in honouring of differences, not simply in the enjoyment of similarities.
193. Nature, like a kind and smiling mother, lends herself to our dreams and cherishes our fancies.
208. Know love, know happiness. No love, no
© 1998-2000 Punit